I have now officially been on the road FOREVER - 5 whole days!!
Justtttt kidding. I can't believe it's only been 5 days - I feel like the "road life" has been my reality for 5 months (in a good way).
I wanted to share with you the Top 5 things I've learned thus far...
1. Tim Hortons' coffee loses it's charm after multiple cups. Blasphemy, you say? Just try it!
2. XM Radio is awesome (Thanks for the hook-up, Chevrolet!) - I am especially loving the comedy stations. Pretty sure everyone who drives past me thinks I am a little loopy, but I can't help but LAUGH OUT LOUD every.single.time.
3. My terrible sense of direction isn't getting any better. Sometimes even OnStar (the human GPS, as I lovingly refer to them) struggles to save me. In fact, I just returned "home" from another LOST adventure and missed out on ice cream with Blair & Stef from the Empathy Factory. Huge bummer. Instead, I drove on the highway (heading to P.E.I?!) at 12 a.m. So yeah, I guess I learned that it's not TOO scary driving through moose country at night. Actually, I am starting to think the whole moose phenomenon is a big eastern conspiracy. There are a billion warning signs, but where are the moose?!
4. New Brunswick is beautiful and Fredericton is a great city. Who knew?! I didn't. It was a pleasant surprise!
5. There are SO many people doing cool Canadian tours! I have come across 3 different projects, including a group doing a documentary on family farming - they had a TRACTOR pulling a mini-house/trailer/thing....it was the coolest! I also had a chance to meet Scott, Meghan & Sabrina from Run to Live - 42K a day....unbelievable! Man, Canadians are cool.
I am so proud to call this country my home!
Ta-da! I bet by the end of my 4-month journey I will have have a Top 1004493902394394034 things I have learned list...... Hah!
Heading to Newfoundland via ferry on Sunday! Project begins on August 1st! Life is good!
Happy trails & travels.