2. Chevrolet Canada - I can't imagine doing the cross-Canada journey without "my" 2011 Chevy Cruze. Archie has become my partner in crime - the only constant I have had throughout the 3 months on the road. He has played the best tunes, provided a great place to snooze, been thoughtful with his gas intake, and never ever let me down. 17, 000 KM later and I still think that he is the best! It's going to be tough to say goodbye. (Yes, I am a crazy car lady. Haha)
3. The Pepsi Refresh Project - the funding that started it all. The long days of planning, designing this website, hounding everyone for their daily votes, and living in a constant state of anxiety for two months - it all worked out! I am so grateful to be a member of the Pepsi Refresh Project grantee family!
4. Henry's - my equipment friends. It still amazes me that they stepped up to the plate and offered me such an amazing video camera that I use on a daily basis. I couldn't have created any of the videos without it!
5. Anyone who has sponsored me in some way - so many people have fed me, housed me, and thrown a couple bucks my way. I am so appreciative of each and every kind gesture.
6. The non-profit organizations that have been involved in this journey. I have not yet been disappointed by any of my volunteer visits. I am really glad that I have had the ability to discover and share some of the most innovative, successful, and passionate change-makers in Canada. I am so grateful that these organizations exist and that the people who work/volunteer for them are willing to (often) be overworked, underpaid, and understaffed just to ensure that some kind of change happens. Amazing human beings.
7. My family. How cool is it that my parents flew all the way out to British Columbia to enjoy Thanksgiving with my brother, his ladyfriend and I? Pretty cool. It feels/smells like home - except with the ocean and mountain views.
8. Anyone who has taken the time to read my posts, engage in my project, send me a kind e-mail or offer encouraging words. The past 3 months have been incredibly challenging for a variety of reasons, but it has also been incredibly fulfilling and I can't thank you enough for being a part of it!
9. My friends. I have nice friends, but there a select few who have gone above and beyond to support me throughout this journey. You know who you are. I heart you, so much.
10. Canada. It's beautiful and has provided the most amazing backdrop for this experience. I love, love, love my home and native land.
I hope that you have had the best Thanksgiving, wherever you are. I am going to go stuff my face now.
Happy Trails & Travels,